Saturday, January 24, 2009

Two weeks down...

So, Chris has been gone for about two weeks now. Everyone told me that it would get easier, and I'm not sure if that's true. It's different now than it was at the beginning, but I don't know if I would say it's "easier." There are good days and bad, today happens to be a bad day, and it doesn't help that Ele ate my box of chocolates...now my comfort food doesn't even exist. If she wasn't so cute, I would hate her. 

I started graduate school four days ago. It has made me miss Wellesley a lot. The Professors are not as friendly as I am used to, and they definitely are not as good at teaching. The statistics department at UCONN is pretty small, so everyone can tell I'm the new kid, and it's a bit awkward. I don't know my way around, I still don't have all of my books (at the bookstore was out of one of them)...we aren't unpacked yet, the house isn't decorated, and I am completely unmotivated to work on any of that.  Hopefully things will get a little bit better. I am going to try to do some scrapbooking today in order to lift my spirits a bit, and I should probably try to unpack a little. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment